JNTUH B.Tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021September 8, 2021 2021-10-19 12:58
JNTUH B.Tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021
JNTUH B.Tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 along with Course Objectives and Course outcome and list of text book and reference books is mentioned in this blog. The subject of Engineering Mechanics has 5 units in total. Topic and sub-topics of Engineering Mechanics is mentioned below in detail. If you have any problem in understanding Engineering Mechanics or any other Engineering Subject in any semester or in any year then you can view the video lectures on the official CynoHub app.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Unit - 1:
Introduction to Engineering Mechanics
Force Systems: Basic concepts, Particle equilibrium in 2-D & 3-D; Rigid Body equilibrium; System of Forces, Coplanar Concurrent Forces, Components in Space – Resultant- Moment of Forces and its Application; Couples and Resultant of Force System, Equilibrium of System of Forces, Free body diagrams, Equations of Equilibrium of Coplanar Systems and Spatial Systems; Static Indeterminacy
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Unit - 2:
Types of friction, Limiting friction, Laws of Friction, Static and Dynamic Friction; Motion of Bodies, wedge friction, screw jack & differential screw jack; Centroid and Centre of Gravity -Centroid of Lines, Areas and Volumes from first principle, centroid of composite sections; Centre of Gravity and its implications. – Theorem of Pappus
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Unit - 3:
Area moment of inertia
Definition, Moment of inertia of plane sections from first principles, Theorems of moment of inertia, Moment of inertia of standard sections and composite sections; Product of Inertia, Parallel Axis Theorem, Perpendicular Axis Theorem Mass Moment of Inertia: Moment of Inertia of Masses – Transfer Formula for Mass Moments of Inertia – Mass moment of inertia of composite bodies.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Unit - 4:
Review of particle dynamics
Rectilinear motion; Plane curvilinear motion (rectangular, path, and polar coordinates). 3-D curvilinear motion; Relative and constrained motion; Newton’s 2nd law (rectangular, path, and polar coordinates). Work-kinetic energy, power, potential energy. Impulse-momentum (linear, angular); Impact (Direct and oblique).
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Unit - 5:
Kinetics of Rigid Bodies
Basic terms, general principles in dynamics; Types of motion, Instantaneous centre of rotation in plane motion and simple problems; D’Alembert’s principle and its applications in plane motion and connected bodies; Work Energy principle and its application in plane motion of connected bodies; Kinetics of rigid body rotation
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Course Objectives :
- Explain the resolution of a system of forces, compute their resultant and solve problems using equations of equilibrium
- Perform analysis of bodies lying on rough surfaces. Locate the centroid of a body and compute the area moment of inertia and mass moment of inertia of standard and composite sections
- Explain kinetics and kinematics of particles, projectiles, curvilinear motion, centroidal motion and plane motion of rigid bodies.
- Explain the concepts of work-energy method and its applications to translation, rotation and plane motion and the concept of vibrations
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Course Outcomes :
- Determine resultant of forces acting on a body and analyse equilibrium of a body subjected to a system of forces.
- Solve problem of bodies subjected to friction. Find the location of centroid and calculate moment of inertia of a given section.
- Understand the kinetics and kinematics of a body undergoing rectilinear, curvilinear, rotatory motion and rigid body motion.
- Solve problems using work energy equations for translation, fixed axis rotation and plane motion and solve problems of vibration.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 Referance Books:
- Shames and Rao (2006), Engineering Mechanics, Pearson Education
- Reddy Vijay Kumar K. and J. Suresh Kumar (2010), Singer’s Engineering Mechanics – Statics & Dynamics
- Timoshenko S.P and Young D.H., “Engineering Mechanics”, McGraw Hill International Edition, 1983. 2.
- Andrew Pytel, Jaan Kiusalaas, “Engineering Mechanics”, Cengage Learning, 2014.
- Beer F.P & Johnston E.R Jr. Vector, “Mechanics for Engineers”, TMH, 2004.
- Hibbeler R.C & Ashok Gupta, “Engineering Mechanics”, Pearson Education, 2010.
- Tayal A.K., “Engineering Mechanics – Statics & Dynamics”, Umesh Publications, 2011.
- Basudeb Bhattacharyya, “Engineering Mechanics”, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Meriam. J. L., “Engineering Mechanics”, Volume-II Dynamics, John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
Scoring marks in JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021
Scoring good grades in Engineering Mechanics is a difficult task. CynoHub is here to help. We have made a video which will help Engineering Students get rank 1 in their B.tech exams this video will help students to score good grades in Engineering Mechanics. There are many reasons that scoring in Engineering Mechanincs exams is difficult so this video will help you to rectify the mistakes students make in exam.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Engineering Mechanics Syllabus 2021 was made clear in this article. To know about the syllabus of other Engineering Subjects of JNTUH check out the official CynoHub application.