JNTUH R18 B.Tech Production Technology Syllabus 2022December 28, 2021 2021-12-29 11:32
JNTUH R18 B.Tech Production Technology Syllabus 2022
JNTUH R18 B.Tech Production Technology Syllabus 2022
Production Technology Syllabus along with Course Objectives and Course outcome and list of textbook and reference books is mentioned in this blog. The subject of Production Technology has 5 units in total.
Topic and sub-topics of Production Technology are mentioned below in detail. If you have any problem in understanding Production Technology or any other Engineering Subject in any semester or in any year then you can view the video lectures on the official CynoHub app.
Production Technology Syllabus Unit 1
Casting: Steps involved in making a casting – Advantage of casting and its applications; Patterns – Pattern making, Types, Materials used for patterns, pattern allowances; Properties of moulding sands. Methods of Melting – Crucible melting and cupola operation – Defects in castings; Principles of Gating
– Requirements – Types of gates, Design of gating systems – Riser – Function, types of Riser and Riser design. Casting processes – Types – Sand moulding, Centrifugal casting, die- casting, Investment casting, shell moulding; Solidification of casting – Solidification of pure metal, Directional Solidification.
Production Technology Syllabus Unit 2
Welding: Classification – Types of welds and welded joints; Welding Positions – Gas welding – Types, oxy-fuel gas cutting – standard time and cost calculations. Arc welding, forge welding, submerged arc welding, Resistance welding, Thermit welding.
Production Technology Syllabus Unit 3
Inert Gas Welding _ TIG Welding, MIG welding, Friction welding, Friction Stir Welding, induction welding, explosive welding, Laser Welding; Soldering and Brazing; Heat affected zone in welding. Welding defects – causes and remedies; destructive and non- destructive testing of welds.
Production Technology Syllabus Unit 4
Hot working, cold working, strain hardening, recovery, recrystallisation and grain growth. Sheet metal Operations: Stamping, Blanking and piercing, Coining, Strip layout, Hot and cold spinning – Bending and deep drawing. Rolling fundamentals – theory of rolling, types of Rolling mills and products. Forces
in rolling and power requirements. Drawing and its types – wire drawing and Tube drawing –. Types of presses and press tools. Forces and power requirement in the above operations.
Production Technology Syllabus Unit 5
Extrusion of Metals: Basic extrusion process and its characteristics. Hot extrusion and cold extrusion
– Forward extrusion and backward extrusion – Impact extrusion – Extruding equipment – Tube extrusion, Hydrostatic extrusion. Forces in extrusion
Forging Processes: Forging operations and principles – Tools – Forging methods – Smith forging, Drop Forging – Roll forging – Forging hammers: Rotary forging – forging defects – cold forging, swaging, Forces in forging operations.
High Energy Rate Forming Processes: Limitations, Principles of Explosive Forming, Electro-hydraulic Forming, Electro-magnetic forming and rubber pad Forming.
Production Technology course objectives:
- To teach the process-level dependence of manufacturing systems through tolerances
- To expose the students to a variety of manufacturing processes including their suitability and capabilities.
- To teach the important effects that manufacturing processes may have on the material properties of the processed part with a focus on the most common processes.
- To teach the thermal and mechanical aspects, such as force, stress, strain and temperature of the most common processes.
- To provide a technical understanding of common processes to aid in appropriate process selection for the material and required tolerances
- To provide a technical understanding of common processes to aid in appropriate material selection for a predetermined process.
Production Technology course outcomes:
Student will be able to:
- Understand the idea for selecting materials for patterns.
- Know Types and allowances of patterns used in casting and analyze the components of moulds.
- Design core, core print and gating system in metal casting processes
- Understand the arc, gas, solid state and resistance welding processes.
- Develop process-maps for metal forming processes using plasticity principles.
- Identify the effect of process variables to manufacture defect free products.
Production Technology reference books:
- Manufacturing Technology / P.N. Rao Vol.1 & 2 / Mc Graw Hill
- Manufacturing Engineering & Technology / Serope Kalpakjian / Steven R. Schmid / Pearson
- Metal Casting / T.V Ramana Rao / New Age
- Production Technology / G. Thirupathi Reddy / Scitech
- Manufacturing Processes/ J.P. Kaushish / PHI Publications
Scoring Marks in Production Technology Syllabus
Scoring good grades in Production Technology is a difficult task. CynoHub is here to help. We have made a video that will help Engineering Students get rank 1 in their B.tech exams. This video will help students to score good grades in Production Technology. There are many reasons that scoring in Production Technology exams is difficult so this video will help you to rectify the mistakes students make in exams.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Production Technology Syllabus was made clear in this article. To know about the syllabus of other Engineering Subjects of JNTUA check out the official CynoHub application. Click below to download the CynoHub application.