JNTUA R20 B.Tech Fundamentals of EC Syllabus 2021October 6, 2021 2021-10-14 0:10
JNTUA R20 B.Tech Fundamentals of EC Syllabus 2021
JNTUA R20 B.Tech Fundamentals of EC Syllabus 2021
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus along with Course Objectives and Course outcome and list of textbook and reference books is mentioned in this blog. The subject of Fundamentals of EC has 3 units in total. Topic and sub-topics of Fundamentals of EC are mentioned below in detail. If you have any problem in understanding Fundamentals of EC any other Engineering Subject in any semester or in any year then you can view the video lectures on the official CynoHub app.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Unit 1
Circuit Concept – Types of elements – Source Transformation-Voltage – Current Relationship for Passive Elements. Kirchhoff’s Laws – Network Reduction Techniques- Series, Parallel, Series Parallel, Star-to-Delta or Delta-to-Star Transformation. Examples Magnetic Circuits: Faraday’s Laws of Electromagnetic Induction-Concept of Self and Mutual Inductance-Dot Convention-Coefficient of Coupling-Composite Magnetic Circuit-Analysis of Series and Parallel Magnetic Circuits, MMF Calculations.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Unit 2
Definitions – Graph – Tree, Basic Cutset and Basic Tieset Matrices for Planar Networks – Loop and Nodal
Methods of Analysis of Networks & Independent Voltage and Current Sources – Duality & Dual Networks.
Nodal Analysis, Mesh Analysis.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Unit 3
Single Phase A.C Circuits
R.M.S, Average Values and Form Factor for Different Periodic Wave Forms – Sinusoidal Alternating
Quantities – Phase and Phase Difference – Complex and Polar Forms of Representations, j–Notation, Steady
State Analysis of R, L and C (In Series, Parallel and Series Parallel Combinations) with Sinusoidal Excitation–
Resonance – Phasor diagrams – Concept of Power Factor– Concept of Reactance, Impedance, Susceptance and
Admittance–Apparent Power, Active and Reactive Power, Examples.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Unit 4
Superposition, Reciprocity, Thevenin’s, Norton’s, Maximum Power Transfer, Millmann’s, Tellegen’s, and
Compensation Theorems for D.C and Sinusoidal Excitations.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Unit 5
Three Phase A.C. Circuits
Introduction – Analysis of Balanced Three Phase Circuits – Phase Sequence– Star and Delta Connection –
Relation between Line and Phase Voltages and Currents in Balanced Systems – Measurement of Active and
Reactive Power in Balanced and Unbalanced Three Phase Systems. Analysis of Three Phase Unbalanced
Circuits – Loop Method – Star Delta Transformation Technique – for balanced and unbalanced circuits –
Measurement of Active and reactive Power – Advantages of Three Phase System.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Course Objectives
To make the student learn about
- Basic characteristics of R, L, C parameters, their Voltage and Current Relations and Various
combinations of these parameters.
- The Single Phase AC circuits and concepts of real power, reactive power, complex power,
phase angle and phase difference
- Series and parallel resonances, bandwidth, current locus diagrams
- Network theorems and their applications
- Network Topology and concepts like Tree, Cut–set , Tie–set, Loop, Co–Tree
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Course Outcomes
After completing the course, the student should be able to do the following
- Given a network, find the equivalent impedance by using network reduction techniques and determine
the current through any element and voltage across and power through any element.
- Given a circuit and the excitation, determine the real power, reactive power, power factor etc,.
- Apply the network theorems suitably
- Determine the Dual of the Network, develop the Cut Set and Tie–set Matrices for a given Circuit. Also
understand various basic definitions and concepts.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus Reference Books
- Circuit Theory Analysis & Synthesis A. Chakrabarti, Dhanpat Rai & Sons, 7th Revised Edition, 2018.
- Network Analysis M.E Van Valkenberg, Prentice Hall (India), 3rd Edition, 1999.
- Electrical Engineering Fundamentals V. Del Toro, Prentice Hall International, 2nd Edition, 2019.
- Electric Circuits– Schaum’s Series, Mc Graw Hill, 5th Edition, 2010.
- Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology John Bird, Routledge, Taylor & Francis, 5th Edition, 2014.
Scoring Marks in JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus
Scoring good grades in Fundamentals of EC is a difficult task. CynoHub is here to help. We have made a video that will help Engineering Students get rank 1 in their B.tech exams this video will help students to score good grades in Fundamentals of EC. There are many reasons that scoring in Fundamentals of EC exams is difficult so this video will help you to rectify the mistakes students make in exams.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Fundamentals of EC Syllabus was made clear in this article. To know about the syllabus of other Engineering Subjects of JNTUK check out the official CynoHub application. Click below to download the CynoHub application.