JNTUA R20 B.tech Engineering Physics Syllabus 2021October 6, 2021 2021-10-14 0:04
JNTUA R20 B.tech Engineering Physics Syllabus 2021
JNTUA R20 B.tech Engineering Physics Syllabus 2021
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus along with Course Objectives and Course outcome and list of textbook and reference books is mentioned in this blog. The subject of Engineering Physics has 3 units in total. Topic and sub-topics of Engineering Physics are mentioned below in detail. If you have any problem in understanding Engineering Physics any other Engineering Subject in any semester or in any year then you can view the video lectures on the official CynoHub app.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Unit 1 -
Interference– Principle of superposition – Interference of light – Conditions for sustained interference
– Interference in thin films (Reflection Geometry) – Colors in thin films – Newton’s Rings–
Determination of wavelength and refractive index.
Diffraction– Introduction – Fresnel and Fraunhofer diffraction – Fraunhofer diffraction due to single
slit, double slit and N–slits (qualitative) – Grating spectrum.
Polarization– Introduction – Types of polarization – Polarization by reflection, refraction and double
refraction – Nicol’s Prism – Half wave and Quarter wave plates with applications.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Unit 2 -
Lasers and Fiber optics
Lasers– Introduction – Characteristics of laser – Spontaneous and Stimulated emission of radiation –
Einstein’s coefficients – Population inversion – Lasing action – Pumping mechanisms – Nd–YAG
laser – He–Ne laser – Applications of lasers.
Fiber optics– Introduction – Principle of optical fiber – Acceptance Angle – Numerical Aperture –
Classification of optical fibers based on refractive index profile and modes – Propagation of
electromagnetic wave through optical fibers – Propagation Losses (Qualitative) – Applications.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Unit 3 -
Dielectric Materials– Introduction – Dielectric polarization – Dielectric polarizability, Susceptibility
and Dielectric constant – Types of polarizations: Electronic, Ionic and Orientation polarization
(Qualitative) – Lorentz internal field – Clausius–Mossotti equation.
Magnetic Materials– Introduction – Magnetic dipole moment – Magnetization – Magnetic
susceptibility and permeability – Origin of permanent magnetic moment – Classification of magnetic
materials: Dia, para & Ferro – Domain concept of Ferromagnetism (Qualitative) – Hysteresis – Soft
and Hard magnetic materials.
Nanomaterials– Introduction – Surface area and quantum confinement – Physical properties:
electrical and magnetic properties – Synthesis of nanomaterials: Top–down: Ball Milling – Bottom–up:
Chemical Vapour Deposition – Applications of nanomaterials.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Unit 4 -
Acoustics and Ultrasonics
Acoustics– Introduction – Requirements of acoustically good hall – Reverberation – Reverberation
time – Sabine’s formula (Derivation using growth and decay method ) – Absorption coefficient and its
determination – Factors affecting acoustics of buildings and their remedies.
Ultrasonics– Introduction – Properties – Production by magnetostriction and piezoelectric methods –
Detection – Acoustic grating – Non Destructive Testing – Pulse echo system through transmission and
reflection modes – Applications.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Unit 5 -
Crystallography and X–ray diffraction
Crystallography– Space lattice, Basis, unit cell and lattice parameters – Bravais Lattice – Crystal
systems – Packing fraction – Coordination number – Packing fraction of SC, BCC & FCC – Miller
indices – Separation between successive (hkl) planes.
X–Ray Diffraction– Bragg’s law – Bragg’s X–ray diffractometer – Crystal structure determination by
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Course Objectives
- To make a bridge between the physics in school and engineering courses.
- To identify the importance of the optical phenomenon i.e. interference, diffraction and
polarization related to its Engineering applications.
- To understand the mechanisms of emission of light, the use of lasers as light sources
for low and high energy applications, study of propagation of light wave through
optical fibres along with engineering applications
- To open new avenues of knowledge in dielectric and magnetic materials which find
potential in the emerging micro device applications.
Considering the significance of micro miniaturization of electronic devices and
significance of low dimensional materials, the basic concepts of nano materials, their
properties and applications in modern emerging technologies are elicited.
- To familiarize the concepts of theoretical acoustics to practical use in engineering field.
To explain the significance of ultrasound and its application in NDT for diversified
- To enlighten the periodic arrangement of atoms in crystals, Bragg’s law and to provide
fundamentals related to structural analysis through powder diffraction method.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Course Outcomes
- Study the different realms of physics and their applications in both scientific and
technological systems through physical optics. (L2)
- Identify the wave properties of light and the interaction of energy with the matter (L3).
- Asses the electromagnetic wave propagation and its power in different media (L5).
- Understands the response of dielectric and magnetic materials to the applied electric
and magnetic fields. (L3)
- Elucidates the importance of nano materials along with their engineering applications.
- Explain the basic concepts of acoustics and ultrasonics. (L2)
- Apply the concept of NDT to material testing. (L3)
- Study the important properties of crystals like the presence of long–range order,
periodicity and structure determination using X–ray diffraction technique. (L5)
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus Reference Books
- Engineering Physics – Sanjay D. Jain, D. Sahasrambudhe and Girish, University Press
- Engineering Physics – K. Thyagarajan, McGraw Hill Publishers
- Engineering Physics – D K Pandey, S. Chaturvedi, Cengage Learning
- Engineering Physics – M.R. Srinivasan, New Age Publications
Scoring Marks in JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus
Scoring good grades in Engineering Physics is a difficult task. CynoHub is here to help. We have made a video which will help Engineering Students get rank 1 in their B.tech exams this video will help students to score good grades in Engineering Physics. There are many reasons that scoring in Engineering Physics exams is difficult so this video will help you to rectify the mistakes students make in exams.
JNTUA B.tech R20 Engineering Physics Syllabus was made clear in this article. To know about the syllabus of other Engineering Subjects of JNTUK check out the official CynoHub application. Click below to download the CynoHub application.