Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK R20September 15, 2021 2021-09-15 10:18
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK R20
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK R20
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK along with Course Objectives and Course outcome and list of textbook and reference books is mentioned in this blog. The subject of Engineering Physics has 3 units in total. Topic and sub-topics of Engineering Physics are mentioned below in detail. If you have any problem in understanding Engineering Physics or any other Engineering Subject in any semester or in any year then you can view the video lectures on the official CynoHub app.
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK Unit 1 :
Principle of superposition –Interference of light – Interference in thin films (Reflection Geometry) & applications -Colors in thin films- Newton’s Rings- Determination of wavelength and refractive index.
Introduction – Fresnel and Fraunhofer diffraction – Fraunhofer diffraction due to single slit, double slit – N-slits(Qualitative) – Grating – Dispersive power and resolving power of Grating(Qualitative).
Introduction-Types of polarization – Polarization by reflection, refraction and Double refraction – Nicol’s Prism -Half wave and Quarter wave plates.
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK Unit 2 :
Lasers and Fiber optics
Introduction – Characteristics of laser – Spontaneous and Stimulated emissions of radiation – Einstein’s coefficients – Population inversion –Lasing action- Pumping mechanisms – Ruby laser – He-Ne laser – Applications of lasers.
Introduction –Principle of optical fiber- Acceptance Angle-Numerical Aperture- Classification of optical fibers based on refractive index profile and modes –Propagation of electromagnetic wave through optical fibers – Applications.
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK Unit 3 :
Introduction – Dielectric polarization – Dielectric polarizability, Susceptibility and Dielectric constant – Types of polarizations- Electronic (Quantitative), Ionic (Quantitative) and Orientation polarizations (Qualitative) – Lorentz internal field- Clausius- Mossotti equation- Piezoelectricity.
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK Unit 4 :
Acoustics and Ultrasonics
Introduction – requirements of acoustically good hall– Reverberation – Reverberation time– Sabine’s formula (Derivation using growth and decay method) – Absorption coefficient and its determination – Factors affecting acoustics of buildings and their remedial measures.
Introduction – Properties – Production by magnetostriction and piezoelectric methods – Detection – Acoustic grating – Non Destructive Testing – pulse echo system through transmission and reflection modes – Applications.
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK Unit 5 :
Crystallography and X-ray diffraction
Space lattice, Basis, Unit Cell and lattice parameters – Bravais Lattice – crystal systems (3D) – coordination number – packing fraction of SC, BCC & FCC – Miller indices – separation between successive (hkl) planes.
X- ray diffraction
Bragg’s law – X-ray Diffractometer – crystal structure determination by Laue’s and powder methods.
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK Course Objectives :
- The course aims at making students to understand the basic concepts of Principles of Physics in a broader sense with a view to lay foundation for the various engineering courses.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competency and understanding of the concepts found in Mechanics, Harmonic Oscillations, Waves in one dimension, wave Optics, Lasers, Fiber Optics and a broad base of knowledge in physics.
- The main purpose of this course is to equip engineering undergraduates with an understanding of the scientific method, so that they may use the training beneficially in their higher pursuits.
- Today the need is to stress principles rather than specific procedures, to select areas of contemporary interest rather than of past interest, and to condition the student to the atmosphere of change he will encounter during his carrier
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUH Course Outcomes:
- The knowledge of Physics relevant to engineering is critical for converting ideas into technology.
- An understanding of Physics also helps engineers understand the working and limitations of existing devices and techniques, which eventually leads to new innovations and improvements.
- In the present course, the students can gain knowledge on the mechanism of physical bodies upon the action of forces on them, the generation, transmission and the detection of the waves, Optical Phenomena like Interference, diffraction, the principles of lasers and Fibre Optics.
- Various chapters establish a strong foundation on the different kinds of characters of several materials and pave a way for them to use in at various technical and engineering applications.
Engineering Physics JNTUK Syllabus Reference Books:
- Fundamentals of Physics – Halliday, Resnick and Walker, John Wiley &Sons
- Engineering Physics – M.R.Srinivasan, New Age Publications
- Engineering Physics – D K Pandey, S. Chaturvedi, Cengage Learning
- Engineering Physics – Sanjay D. Jain, D. Sahasrambudhe and Girish, University Press
Scoring Marks Engineering Physics JNTUK
It is difficult for students to score good marks in Engineering Physics but CynoHub is here to help. The video below will not only help you to score good marks but it will also help you to score rank 1 in B.tech. To see the list of important questions click on the link given below.
Engineering Physics Syllabus JNTUK was made clear in this article. To know about the syllabus of other Engineering Subjects of JNTUK download the app. To download the app and to know about the syllabus of other subjects as you did of Engineering Physics JNTUH syllabus click at the link.